It is fundamental to take care of our spinal in order of having a good quality of life since a badly aligned spine can produce neurological and organic problems. The Spine MD recommends to be careful of our posture as it’s essential to keep our spine in good condition and perform exercises to strengthen the muscles in this area.
Why should I take care of my spine?
As we mentioned, it’s crucial to have good health, these are some reasons why you should:
- The incorrect posture of the spine hinder breathes and other organs such as the stomach function.
- It increases the quality of sleep because it decreases pain.
- It improves posture when walking and sitting.
- You will be able to practice sports, walk and have more mobility.
- You will reduce the risk of suffering injuries.
- It will improve your general quality of life since you will be able to do your daily tasks without problems.
- It will improve your mood.
- From an aesthetic point of view, a straighter posture makes us slimmer and taller.
How can I take care of my spine?
Some Spine MD says it takes 21 days to get into a habit. Maybe today is the first day to begin changing your habits to enhance your health. These are the tips that we propose to you so that you can achieve it:
- Practice exercises. Riding a bike, walking, doing Pilates or swimming are some examples of sports practices that will help you keep your back strong and healthy.
- Sit alright. We tend to sit on the edge and bend our backs. Sit with your back straight and supported by the backrest. Place your feet on the floor and keep your computer screen at eye level.
- Avoid talking to your mobile phone by holding it with your shoulder. If you are doing something while you are talking to your mobile, use the speakerphone or a headset so that you do not pick up your mobile between your shoulder and your head. This way you will avoid back pain.
- Avoid carrying too much weight. If you go shopping or leave with a suitcase, avoid carrying too much weight and if you have to carry some weight, spread it out on both sides of your body so that there is balance.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of high heels. Heels over 5 centimeters can cause you pain.
- When you bend over, do it correctly. It is best to bend your knees and bend over. If you must also carry the object you pick up from the floor, it is best to keep it close to your body.
- When you drive, position the seat correctly. If you are going to drive for a long time, adjust the car seat. You can then easily reach the steering wheel, the pedals, and the gear lever.
A simple change in habits can help you have a healthier spine. To take care of your joints, bones, and skin, you can also include a collagen-based food supplement with hyaluronic acid in your diet.… Read the rest